One of the big advantages of using a customs broker is that they can help you navigate a complex and changing set of import and customs regulations. The India customs has seen a number of changes over the past few years. This changing landscape is one reason that customs brokers are useful – if not essential – to importers. For example, a customs broker will ensure you have all the correct paperwork in place for importing into the India – such as your Proper Invoice & Packing List, Proper Marking and labelling, proper import and export documentation They’ll make sure the shipment is Marked and labelled as per Indian custom with the right HSN code, and all the necessary documents and licenses are in place such as like Pollution certificate for any type of scarps, FSSAI for food products etc. etc. And this will mean that your shipment clears customs into all major ports in India without delays, and with no worries about paying over the odds in import duty, or being hit by a fine because of missing paperwork.
Tip: As a new importer, it’s important to know you may face fees or fines levied by customs authorities. But that’s not the only place you may see extra charges – and it’s good to know where you can save. High street banks often charge high fees for international transfers, and mark-up the exchange rate. That means you could pay an extra margin right to the banks – without even knowing it.
What are the advantages of using a customs broker?
Using a specialist customs brokerage – or choosing a freight forwarder which can also act as customs broker on your behalf – can offer a number of advantages:
• Peace of mind – your customs broker will ensure your shipment is completed according to the current law. By hiring in this expertise you don’t need to learn it yourself, or employ someone in house to specialise in the area.
• You can deal solely with your customs broker, rather than having to speak to several different government agencies individually.
• Avoid overpaying basic duty or IGST – and remove the risk of underpaying and then facing fines and additional charges later.
• Your goods won’t be released by Indian customs until all the duty and IGST is paid, and documentation is in order. Using a customs broker can reduce delays and keep your business moving.
• Many customs brokers also offer additional services, such as tracking your delivery as it moves from the point of origin.
Precious cargo clearance services we offer- • Custom Clearance of Diamonds, Color Stones & Jewellery – Studded & Non Studded, Gold & Silver (DTA-Domestic Tariff Area only) at Precious Cargo Customs Clearance Center (PCCCC), Bharat Diamond Bourse (BDB), BKC, Bandra, Mumbai
• Custom Clearance of Diamonds & Jewellery – Studded & Non Studded, Gold & Silver (DTA only) at Surat Hira Bourse (SHB), Surat
• Custom Clearance of Diamonds, Color Stone &Jewellery – Studded, Gold & Silver; at SEEPZ – Special Economic Zone (SEZ), Andheri, Mumbai
• Custom Clearance of Diamonds, Color Stone & Jewellery – Studded, Gold & Silver; at SUR SEZ – Special Economic Zone, Sachin, Surat